I need a website, where do I start?
Web Crawl Designs can set up your website for you.
Things to consider are:
- You will need a domain address – www address to your website.
- You will need hosting – for your website files and database. *Backup and security are very important when considering hosting packages.
The are many important things to consider when designing and starting from scratch:
- Content organization – it is helpful to group the information you want to be on your site.
- Design – it is recommended that you surf the web and come up with a few sites that you like. This helps establish your style and preferences.
- Colour Scheme – if you know what you want, it makes our job easier. We can offer a few mock ups as we understand, sometimes you DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, UNTIL YOU SEE IT!
- Functionality – what you want your site to be able to do? – For example some common functionality are; image galleries, forms, shopping carts, zooming into images, lightboxes etc…
- Compatibility – it is very important that proper image and document formats display on websites. It is also important that your website views correctly and in all (up-to-date) browsers.
Is your website working for you? If not, contact us and we can go over any concerns.
We have worked with clients and converted existing sites that owners/employees can’t update themselves to fully editable content management solutions. This is an option for any website.
- We offer documentation so you can edit your own site.
- We offer monthly plans where we maintain your website.
We can offer recommend solutions for website challenges or “wants”.
Contact us today, to discuss further.
We work with graphic creation and editing on every project.
It is important for any company to:
- Have a company logo, in some cases tagline and practice proper branding.
- Showcase images at an optimal size but still an excellent quality.
- Ensure website have a consistent uniform feel.
- Display proper branding on all businesses related social media sites.